- Erin Kissane, The Elements of Content Strategy (New York: A Book Apart, 2011).
- Mitchell Whitelaw, “Generous Interfaces for Digital Cultural Collections,” Digital Humanities Quarterly 9, no. 1 (2015), http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/vol/9/1/000205/000205.html
- Cooper Hewitt Labs, “Object Concordances – What Is the Simplest Thing to Match Like with Like?,” Cooper Hewitt Labs Blog, May 29, 2015, http://labs.cooperhewitt.org/2015/object-concordances/
- College Art Association, “Code of Best Practices in Fair Use in the Visual Arts” (College Art Association, February 2015), http://www.collegeart.org/fair-use/best-practices
- Discussion of readings
- Digital Methods: Conceptualizing effective digital projects and considering how software structure shapes arguments.
- Hands-on Session: Small group discussion of the sites reviewed
- Hands-on Session: Crit Room Appraisal of digital art history projects
- Hands-on Session: Install Omeka
- Hands-on Session: Building digital narratives with Omeka exhibit builder
- Hands-on Session: Building digital narratives with Scalar
Sites & Tools
Zotero Folder – Day 3 – Building Digital Collections – Extra Material