- Find a public domain image that Corbis is charging for. Include titles and urls for both.
- Find a video of artist Sam Gilliam talking about his process for creating abstract art, include URL. Where might you find other videos of artists and curators discussing art, exhibitions, and process?
- Find three copyright-free images of Dorothea Lange’s photographs. Include titles, urls, and evidence that these images are copyright-free (e.g., in the public domain or licensed under Creative Commons).
- Find which U.S. collection the controversial Kouros is housed. Include (and cite) one scholarly article that discusses the controversy.
- Find a single collection that is now housed in multiple institutions. Include urls. (EG: A portion of the Parthenon friezes are housed at the Acropolis Museum in Athens while the rest are at the British Museum in London.)
- Choose an artwork and search for the highest quality image (that you would use in a publication). Include url and why you think it’s the best.
- What made Picasso’s Red Armchair unique? Locate (and cite) scientific evidence to support your findings.
- Try and find the original source from this partial image: